Her launching in May 1927 was a great day in the history of the Cayman Islands," Miss Annie Huldah Bodden, secretary (until 1947), Cayman Islands Motor Boat Company.
CIMBOCO so named for her owner was the first locally built, motorized sailing ship in Cayman. For twenty years, she was Cayman's connection to the world, introducing regular travel, shipping, parcel post, and providing the first reliable supply of staple and exotic foods, such as flour, sugar, fruit and even ice!
In Miss Annie's works, "CIMBOCO" was the Islands' Life Line" in exciting and changing times. Along with brave captains and crew, the credit for the ship's success belongs to master shipbuilder Capt. Rayal Brazley Bodden and Dr. Roy McTaggart, both legendary contributions in the history of Cayman. This Restaurant celebrates one of their great achievements.
Come Celebrate CIMBOCO. Enjoy exciting & fun dining from the heart of these Islands, with "New World" flavours, "Old World" value, and a good time you can count on, time & again!
A Twist on Local Dining
CIMBOCO Cafe is a celebration of the Cayman Islands! It is fun, hip and flavourful. It is cool and relaxing yet enticing, exciting and colourful, all in one breath. It’s a feast for the senses with an exhibition kitchen and wood-burning oven. It is a Caribbean café celebrating the past and the future of the Cayman Islands with modern and traditional combinations of all tantalizing flavours under the sun. Everything is made from scratch, from the breads and soups to homemade desserts!
CIMBOCO - a Caribbean Café is conveniently located in two locations on Seven Mile Beach and Savannah in Grand Cayman.
Where is all started ... across the street from beautiful Seven Mile Beach, and a "hop, skip and a jump" from the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, the Comfort Suites, and a little walk from the Cayman Beach Suites.
Every cab driver and "local" person "on Island" can provide directions because the Restaurant is located in Marquee Plaza.
We have recently opened a new location in Savannah, Bodden Town. Catering to locals and tourists who are in the eastern districts. The restaurant is located in the Country Corner plaza.